Minimum requirements include:
• Admission to, and good standing with, the Arizona State bar is required (include on resume the date(s) of admission in Arizona and any other states). Candidate must have an active Arizona State Bar license.
• Experience in advising state agencies and employment law preferred.
In addition, it is important that candidates possess experience with the operation of Arizona state agencies and other governmental entities as well as general legal experience, including, but not limited to:
• Conducting thorough legal research and review.
• Providing sound written and verbal legal advice, statutory interpretations, opinions, and guidance.
• Interacting with staff and auditees to explain the legal basis for the Office’s position(s), and attending meetings with audit teams and auditees as needed.
• Drafting & reviewing contracts.
• Responding to public records requests .
• Assisting with revising Office policy and creating training materials.
• Advising on administrative issues including personnel matters.
• Providing quality control of legal references in reports.
• Demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with external entities and internal staff.