As an entry level web application developer and data support team member, you will work with highly skilled IT professionals that supports a talented group of auditors and investigators, together working to improve Arizona government. You will design, develop, and improve web applications that support internal and external business operations, as well as assist in acquiring and using data for our audits and other business functions.
All of our positions are in-person. However, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, employees might be given the option to telecommute.
An entry level analyst would typically work on:
- Designing, developing, testing, and documenting web applications based on user needs and to optimize business processes.
- Full stack web development, primarily using the Microsoft ASP.NET Core web-development framework and related components.
- Utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio and GitHub for source code development and control.
- Designing, developing, testing, and documenting non-web applications to automate processes, help make data more accessible, and improve day-to-day efficiency, primarily using PowerShell, Python, and C#.
- Analyzing and resolving production issues on established processes and recommending improvements to existing code as needed.
- Acquiring, securing, transforming, and optimizing data from governments and other sources for use on audits and reviews.
- Analyzing data designing strategic deliverables in consultation with auditors and investigators concerning business intelligence needs and areas of process improvements, including reports and data visualizations.
- Developing and/or delivering office training sessions.
Although most of the applications we develop focus on specific business processes and users, an example of webpages we developed for interactive use by the public includes the School district financial risk analysis webpages. While these webpages demonstrate some of our style and approach, many of our web applications provide greater interactivity and functionality to implement business functionalities in a controlled and optimized manner.