As an entry level IT data analyst, you will be part of a team of highly skilled IT professionals that supports a talented group of auditors and investigators, together working to improve Arizona government. We do this by helping identify areas of potential fraud, waste, and abuse; assisting in acquiring, preparing, and analyzing data; and developing applications that enhance analysis and business process efficiency and effectiveness.
You will work on a wide variety of challenges and technologies, sometimes all on the same day. An entry level analyst would typically work on:
- Acquiring, securing, transforming, and optimizing data from governments and other sources for use on audits and reviews.
- Analyzing data to identify trends and potential areas of concerns for audit and investigative follow-up by designing strategic deliverables including reports and data visualizations.
- Designing, developing, testing, and documenting applications that automate processes that help make data more accessible and improve day-to-day efficiency.
- Consulting with auditors and investigators on business intelligence needs and areas of process improvements.
- Analyzing and resolving production issues on established processes and recommending improvements to existing code as needed.
- Developing and/or delivering office training sessions.