Here at the Auditor General’s Office, you will enjoy various benefits to support your career and life outside the Office.
Health and Wellness
- Insurance options—The State offers a variety of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options and providers with you and the State sharing the cost. For more information on benefits eligibility and plan descriptions, please follow this link to the Arizona State Employee Benefits Options Web site.
- Healthcare and dependent care reimbursement accounts—Participants can reduce taxable income by designating before-tax dollars from their salary to reimburse themselves for certain eligible healthcare or dependent care expenses.
- Health fairs, flu shots, and wellness perks on-site
Balance Your Life
We offer a supportive work environment and flexible work schedules that are sensitive to the demands of managing a professional career, family and friends, and other interests.
We also have various times during the year when we can dress in business casual or casual attire.
State Retirement and Deferred Compensation Plans
After 20 weeks of employment, you will be automatically enrolled in the Arizona State Retirement System and begin contributing to the plan and accruing years of service toward retirement. Your contribution is matched by an equal contribution from the State. For more information on employee and employer contribution rates, long-term disability coverage, and retirement benefits, please follow this link to the Arizona State Retirement System Web site.
Also, as a state employee, you have the option to participate in the Arizona State Deferred Compensation Plan where you can designate a portion of your salary to a tax-deferred investment program. Please follow this link for more information.
Tuition Assistance Grant Program
The Tuition Assistance and Grant (TAG) Program is available to all our Office’s employees who have been in a full- or part-time position for at least 6 months. The TAG Program provides financial assistance to employees to help them obtain beneficial development and educational opportunities. Tuition assistance is available to encourage employees to pursue or continue professional degree programs from accredited colleges and universities in fields that are beneficial for careers at our Office. Also, grants are available for professional growth training opportunities beyond those available through our in-house training program. In addition, our Office provides exam fee reimbursements after employees successfully complete the Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) exams.
Professional Membership Dues and Licenses
The Office may pay for professional certifications that relate to your responsibilities or competencies within the Office, such as CPA certification fees or IT certifications, as well as memberships in various professional associations.
Flexible Work Schedules
Employees may work flexible work schedules with their manager’s and director’s approval, in addition to telecommuting and adjusted work hours.
Paid Time Off
Permanent full-time employees receive the following paid time off:
- 10 paid state holidays
- Accrue 12 sick days per year
- Accrue 13 annual leave days a year with increased days based on level and years of service
- Up to a maximum of 28 total hours for those who meet the Arizona State Board of Accountancy’s or equivalent requirements to sit for the CPA exam or similar recognition in their area of expertise.
- Various state employee discounts
- Discounted bus fares and rideshare opportunities